Sunday, June 29, 2008

Quick Things Part 2

Ok so I forgot about the original story that inspired me to post tonight (this morning...) but quick point before I divulge it, I quickly went through the archives because I normally don't read anything up on here after writing it (and I mean literally after I write it, absolutely nothing on this blog is edited, in case you couldn't tell). Anyway, my stream of conscious is loaded with grammatical errors and misspellings. If a rando were to come along this by accident, they would legitimately think I'm a retard. Hell, most of you people probably think I'm a retard (like that time I knocked my money tray off a ledge and had to pick up about $2500 off the floor of thr booth). Anyway, the story. So yesterday we were shorthanded because 1) (ah! those pesky numbers are back!) it was Saturday and we're chronically undermanned on the weekends and 2) a few people called in sick. I was in the ticket booth, which meant I wanted to bash my face in for 8 hours, since it was so boring. At least I got to read in there, I banged out 200 pages of free reading, which I haven't done in one day in forever. It felt good. The book is by Will Leitch (former) editor of deadspin *sniff*. The link is in the side. I recommend using it. The book is also good. I recommend buying it. Now that my shameless plug is done, back to the Pike. I was working the ticket booth and realized that Pike management, in their infinite wisdom, took out one of the automatic ticket machines in their attempt to force everyone to buy a Fastlane (got my free one today!). That leaves one automatic machine, and the booth where a person sits. Two ticket lanes, 4 Fastlanes. So at one point today, the automatic broke, meaning I was the only person handing out tickets and traffic backed up. Then, they shut down the automatic lane to open it for Eastbound traffic since it was backed up like half a mile, once again leaving me as the only entity handing out tickets. This led to 1) (Numbers!) my first 'go fuck yourself' of the summer, always a special moment when a retard customer steps over the line, not quite realizing that I know how to do my job, very fucking well, in fact, and that most hold ups, are the fault of the people on the road, not me 2) a woman (blonde) driving on the wrong side of the road. Now, the signs can be confusing if you're a moron who can't drive and process information at the same time, but if you're reasonably intelligent, you can figure out where to go (gee, I want to continue on the Pike so I shouldn't exit... but I don't have a Fastlane.... hm.... that says 'Tickets', maybe I should go in that lane...). Anyway, she got flustered and stopped in the middle of the highway; always a smart decision (yea, I shoehorned in that semicolon). Instead of looking for another ticket lane, SHE DECIDED TO CROSS THE CROSS AND ENTER THE OTHER SIDE OF THE HIGHWAY. Yea, the sign still said tickets, but the light was red and there was still a cone in that lane since it hadn't officially been opened yet (Thank God). So she crosses the cones, and attempts to get a ticket and keep driving. Of course she can't. They gave her a ticket for her troubles, but she was forced to back up into oncoming (also always a good decision) in order to continue along her merry, idiotic way. Ok, I'm seriously done now, it's 5am and I need some beauty sleep.

No comments: