Friday, July 27, 2007

ok it's 230 in the morning and i'm bored, so here's the story of the time i almost got my ass kicked in china:
so anyway, it was a wednesday night at propaganda (one day ill write of the gloriousness that was prop, but for brevity's sake i'll just call it a bar we frequented on wednesday evenings). so we were on the dance floor (yar, i've been known to cut a rug, if you will, when im heavily under the influence) and it was quite crowded there. now dance floors suck. seriously. anyone who has ever been to a club and tells you they like dance floors is a liar who should be strung up from the nearest flagpole. so anyway, we had the campfire going (as always) and there was a small group of people who wanted to make their way by us to what i assume was the vip area (it was a few tables and booths behind where the dj did his magic, i'm just assuming it was a vip area). these people are walking by (i only remember a guy and a girl, though im certain there was at least one more) and the guy, quite rudely walked into me and gave me a bit of a shove. now i don't fancy myself to be an asshole. if i'm in a crowd, and someone gives me a tap, i'll make whatever room i can for them to pass by. however, i don't take kindly to being shoved when it is completely unnecessary. so i got a bit agitated, and as he walked by, i kinda gave him an elbow to the neck. completely innocuous, i swear. now, i probably could've gotten away with the elbow. it was crowded, and perhaps it was just a crazy dance move i did to get all bitches to swarm.even if i'd acknowledged the elbow with an 'oops, my bad' face, things would have been fine. however, as i have alluded to, i was somewhat under the influence, so after a step or so he turned around to give me a stare and for some reason i was still looking at him and returned the glare. (i feel at this point i should mention he was wearing a yankees hat. im not implying anything about yankees fans being assholes, im just trying to provide a visual. he was also asian, most likely chinese. again, just a visual). so we lock eyes, him looking like he wants to make me bleed, and me, returning the gaze cuz im an idiot. so he starts backing up while keeping his eyes locked on me. im still not looking away. then he starts trying to come at me. luckily his girlfriend, sister, or something was between us and holding him back. otherwise it wouldn't have been pretty. so anyway, i turn back to my friends after i'm certain he's no longer a threat and continue making an ass out of myself. i turn around a minute later, and the kid is still standing there staring at me, which made me feel somewhat uneasy since i imagine my fighting prowess probably isn't up to par. luckily at this point, some people were leaving so we all relocated upstairs, giving me a great excuse to extricate myself from a situation where that kid didn't seem to want to forgive and forget.

No comments: