Tuesday, October 16, 2007

So I'm Slow...

ok so I know I promised a blog post up before the LCS started. Well, that obviously didn't happen. Luckily, I'm an honest guy so I'll put up my original predictions, which were going to be d-backs in 6 (yea, that turned out really well) and sox in 7. i have no analysis right now, just that watching dice-k pitch last night was utterly exhausting. By the end of the game I felt like I'd thrown 100 pitches. Plus the fact that the Sox should've had about 6 runs at the end of the 2nd inning. argh. i wanted to stab my eyes out. Anyways, quick China story then Alex is going to put up a guest post.

So in China, rules of decorum are somewhat different than America. Case in point: lines are a foreign concept. They actually have standing in line Wednesdays where people have to actually practice standing in line in anticipation of the olympics because, you know, people in China don't stand in line. Also, cars don't stop for pedestrians. Crossing the street is a risky proposition. But those are not the purpose of this story, right now I'm talking about little children, xiao haizi, if you will. Now, in America, babies wear diapers so when they have to do their business, they don't get their clothes dirty and just kinda shit on the street. In China, babies do not wear diapers. They do not wear underwear. They have slits that expose their asses. When they have to shit or pee, they just go. The first time we experienced this was Shanghai. Walking down the street, minding our own business, we look at a baby squatting on the sidewalk. At first it looked innocuous. At second glance, it looked like hot mustard was coming out of the baby's ass. At third glance, it became apparent the baby was shitting on the sidewalk in plain view of everyone and no one seemed to give a shit. Third glance was right. This occured periodically throughout our trip in China. Unfortunately, I'm tired now, so I'm going to stop. HOWEVER, there IS a part II which gets juicier (literally and figuratively) and I'll put up Alex's post.

No comments: