Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Only in China

So this is a new segment entitled “Only in China” where I’ll describe (and hopefully provide a photo) of something that normally doesn’t happen in America, just so people can get a taste of how things are different here. The first post is going to be a double since I don’t have pictures for either of these events. The first event being, imagine a police motorcycle. I bet you see an officer cruising down the street, weaving in and out of traffic. Imagine the officer is a male. Now imagine a second officer, also a male, riding the same bike. Except there’s no restraint for the back seat, so he’s holding onto the officer who’s driving like they’re dating. Weird and a tad on the tongzhi (look it up) side if you ask me....

The second part of this post is also pictureless. I was complimented the other day because I have big eyes. Not the color, or the way the light hit them, but simply because they were big. I had absolutely no response for that.

As a quick update to the 2nd part, since I've now been here two full months, getting compliments on the size of my eyes is a regular occurrence here, to the point were I now just accept it. I have big, wide Western eyes, and Chinese people love them. I also draw attention to them by constantly keeping them wide open. Maybe I'm just an attention whore. Who knows.

No comments: